Fundraising events are a great way to bring people together and have fun at the same time! One of the best aspects of planning one of these events is that there is no limit to how creative you can be. In fact, the more you think outside of the box, the more successful your fundraiser will be!
Here is a short list of some quick fundraising ideas to create excitement and successfully raise money for your favorite charity:
- Start your own Facebook fundraiser! Create your own page or group dedicated to raising funds for your favorite charity. Encourage members to invite all their friends to join in on doing good. You can also encourage members to update their statuses on their birthdays asking their friends and family to donate to your cause in lieu of gifts.
- Add Native Hope as your nonprofit of choice for AmazonSmile by following these simple directions. When customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
- Native Hope is Now a Thrivent Choice Charity, you can direct your Thrivent Choice Dollars to us, just by following these step by step instructions.
- Collect gently worn, barely used clothes, furniture, and knick-knacks, and host a weekend sale or auction. Take pictures of the items beforehand, post them on social networks, and generate buzz around your event.
- The smallest donation can make a difference! Ask supporters to give up a daily beverage or meal and donate the money to your worthwhile cause instead.
- Raise money by holding a sports tournament—baseball, flag football, or bowling. You can even establish a theme or costume rule, requiring each team to come up with its own unique getup. Collect a small entry fee to be donated to your charity.
- Lend a helping hand! Everyone has yard work and other random house projects that need to get done. Enlist some of your handier volunteers to donate their time and skills in exchange for donations to your nonprofit.
These are only a few ideas to help get your creative juices flowing. Remember, just think outside the box and have fun! Your passion for your nonprofit will be contagious as others see your drive and determination to make a difference.